Monday, August 31, 2009

blog 2 podcasts

I will admit, when i first looked at the titles of the podcasts we were going to be listening to, i thought to myself, "great...this is going to be more boring than actually being at the workshop itself.." but as it turns out I was actually surprised by all the useful information i gathered about how todays common technology can be used for educational purposes.
For instance, the first one i listened to was called "teachers teaching teachers" and it was about using podcasts or video casts for the classroom. The thought never actually occurred to me to have podcasts or video casts in a classroom, however now it seems beneficial. For example if you are trying to stress the importance of enunciation, voice expression, descriptive language, and/or articulation to your students then audio podcasts could prove very useful to your classroom. If you are demonstrating something or stressing the significance of movement or body language then video podcasting would prove useful for your classroom. these are both mediums of technology that i never thought of for classroom use before listening to this particular podcast.
I also became aware of another helpful tool for teachers and students alike; google docs. Google Docs creates templates, presentations, and documents capable of mass sharing. For instance, I can create a template, store it on google docs, and someone can browse google docs for my specific template, edit it how they see fit and print it out if they want. This is a highly efficient way to share lesson plans, worksheets, handouts, presentations etc. among educators and students. I think that could be very useful for teachers especially.
All in all Im glad I listened to these podacasts. They were extremely helpful to me simply because I was unaware of how beneficial and efficient they could be in the classsroom unitl now. I will definitely be using podcasts in my future teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment