Sunday, September 6, 2009

Notes on Dr. Strange's podcast "Tech Literate Teacher"

This particular podcast was hard for me to watch and listen to simply because it was a little on the boring side. There wasnt much enthusiasm or expression in anyone's voice to keep me very interested in listening to the entire podcast. Also, visually there was absolutely nothing going on. If I am going to watch something, I would like there to be something to watch other than a group of people sitting stiffly with their hands folded and looking nervous.Granted I understand that they are simply having a discussion and not acting out a movie or anything but here are a few things I would do differently to at least make it a little less stiff and boring.
I think if they looked into the camera when discussing a topic (unless they were talking directly to another person) it would be a direct connection with the audience and the audience would in turn pay attention. I also feel that the camera should be closer in order for the audience to feel like they are actively participating in a live discussion. Lastly, WEAR BRIGHTER COLORS...this is cliche but bright colors attract attention and therefore might keep the audience's gaze a little longer. For me in particular, I listen and pay attention to something that draws my attention visually. Overall, their objective was accomplished- they had an inciteful educational discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment