Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Karl Fisch- is it ok for teachers to be tech illiterate

I have come across those teachers who still give chalkboard notes, who still read straight from the book, and still require outlines of notes for class. Seeing as how we are well into the 21st century, these teachers are not only behind on their methods but behind on their attitudes towards updating their methods. These specific teachers I am referring to simply refused to do things differently ..they prefered traditional methods.
I say ask the students. Students will tell you which classes are interesting, which classes they enjoy, which classes they have learned and retained information from. Yes it depends on the teacher, but as a student I can tell you that i paid the most attention in classrooms that allowed me to use technology or incorporated technolgy into their lessons . It could have been as simple as a video or a slide show. I do no for a fact that I did not pay attention to teachers that stood in front of a chalkboard for an entire hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment