Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Glut of Google....

This article was hilariously true. I have researched the internet many many times for the cause of common everyday ailments and come up with a list of possible disease I may have. For example, recently I Googled "fatigue" and discovered that I may have clinical depression, Lupus, or -my favorite- chronic fatigue syndrome. "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" is a fancy term for sleep deprived...in other words more sleep is the simple cure for my list of diseases that Google told me I had.
I do agree with the solution suggested by the article. I do think medical content should be filtered more. I think that medical websites should allow you to your age, symptoms, family history, and question or complaint before offering unnecessary prognosis' to feed the already paranoid tendency of the human brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment