Saturday, October 10, 2009

NML project

After watching this short video, I feel the most professional, necessary response to it is… “ well duh!” If you are above the age of three and do not live In a cave, then you need to be able to multitask and colaborate with others to achieve collective intelligence in the 21st century. Distributed cognition is also valuable because not only should you be able to think critically academically but you should analyze each obstacle, situation, or decision in your life critically and thoroughly in order to become a successful and productive individual. ‘
You , at this point in the 21st century, should be familiar with transmedia navigation in order to at the very least keep track of the social networks your child is a part of and the amount of information about yourself that is online in order to be cautious of identity theft. You should also be aware of ways to use networks to gain easy access to information and knowledge, expand your contacts, keep in touch with friends/family easier, and be aware of the ways that networking can provide ways to promote yourself in order to help your career.
Visualization, performance, judgement and negotiation all involve a new awakening of the creative mind. In the 21st century there is no excuse not have good communication skills. There is also, in my opinion, nothing preventing each person from having some sort of creative outlet, especially with the millions of ways to access free entertainment media.
I wish I could tell you that I have mastered all these skills. I can tell you that I possess all of them, and being an active citizen of the 21st century I am always open to learning new ways of improving myself through each of these skills. I am not the best multi-tasker, nor do I always take advantage of the available tools for communication and expression, but I recognize their value in the 21st century especially when it comes to education and the future minds of the world. Each of these skills are necessary to turn the next generation into productive citizens as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment