Friday, October 2, 2009

Dr, Christie's Site

Wow, I am so impressed with this site! Dr. Christie's site literally has everything you need to implement technology in a classroom.Not only does it offer resources and links for teachers but it also provides tools for students to use fro research, homework, or simply learning about the internet. She is a genius! I really appreciate all the hard work she and her team put into creating this site ! This is wonderful, it's organized , it's easy to navigate, and it's the most useful site I've come across so far in this class.
It can definitely help me in my future career as an English teacher. I now have a place that not only contains teaching materials but tools necessary for my students to research easily and safely. It also provides a place for me to learn about the new technology available for me to use personally or in the classroom . For example, I was unaware of the Internet public Library or the existence of electronic portfolios. The Internet Public Library will provide a place for students to access books or research materials for assignments. An Electronic Portfolio will better prepare me for the job market because it will give employers and easier more efficient way to view my records and resume rather than keeping up with a huge file filled with a huge stack of papers.
These are just two of the things I found useful on this site but Im sure that upon further browsing I will be using this site and its tools, applications, and resources for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment